Thursday, August 13, 2009

Artist Model- Heidi Specker

Have decided to use Heidi Specker as my artist model....

Even after suggestions from Caroline i had great difficulty finding a artist model for my final series, whether this was because i wasn't able to similar elements or style i'm unsure.

Heidei Specker
  • Her works can be understood as systematic investigation into visual representation of urban spaces, one that focuses as much attention on the effects of the produced image as on its subjects. 

  • The images from her series "I'm Garten", appear at first glance to be a reflection on the coexistence of nature and culture. This impression becomes qualified through the formal composition of the images, which are strongly cropped and have flat artificial colouring, the movement/view is then quickly directed to the various surfaces of the depicted objects, and how they ultimately texture the photographic surface like an ornament. The series are no longer the house but its fragmented details and surfaces that are foregrounded.

  • In her series she also uses digital photography techniques, to manipulate the images with poor resolution and heightened colour.

  • "I am interested in the contrast between recorded reality and the effect of the image that i create", Specker.


I think that she is a good artist model for my final series, as my images are depicted away from the actual object that they are and alike "I'm Garten" are directed to the surfaces and pronounced detail of each original image. Likewise for two photographs in my final the colour had to be manipulated, one needed to have more yellow in it to make it warmer, while the other needed to be lighten. Once done both images fitted much nicely into the series.



Below are photographs from her series,"I'm Garten" (In the Garden). 2003-4


Botschaft, from the series "I'm Garten"






Punkte, from the series "I'm Garten"






Schulof, from the series "I'm Garten"







Blossfeld, from the series "I'm Garten"


Referenced from;
Vitamin Ph, New Perspectives in Photography
Phaidon Press Limited
London, (2006)


No comments:

Post a Comment